'Becoming an Informed Friend' Program ('Still Me')
- The intellectual property for this learning material lies with Baptist Care (SA) Inc (hereafter referred to as Baptist Care). Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, the work may be reproduced in whole or in part for study or training purposes, subject to the inclusion of an accurate acknowledgement of the source.
- Reproduction for commercial use or sale is not permitted. Permission for other uses must be requested from Baptist Care, 130 Rose Terrace, Wayville, South Australia 5034. The authors can be contacted at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The authors recognise some material relates to the local Australia context and users are asked to substitute that material with relevant data from your country and local region.
- The material has been developed using research based findings. While all care has been taken in preparing the program, Baptist Care expressly disclaims any liability for any claims, damages, losses, expenses the user may incur as a result of or associated with, the use of the information contained in the program for any reason whatever.
- It is important when using this material that all people training to be peer educators to facilitate the 'Informed Friend' program have completed the 'Informed Friend' training first.
- The Facilitator's manual is written in such a way that each powerpoint slide has a comprehensive description attached to that work which the facilitator is encouraged to say in their own words. The comprehensive detail is provided so peer educators can be sure of the message each powerpoint slide is meant to convey. It is not a script to be recited. We encourage people to adapt the material (add graphics etc) and personalise the program without altering the intent of the content.
- Please enjoy using the material for the benefit of many people in our community living with chronic conditions who are in need of 'Informed Friends'. If ou have any any queries, or evaluation feedback about the program, the authors would appreciate this feedback. You can contact us at the emails above, or visit our website www.baptistcaresa.org.au.
Finally, if you would like the program developers to conduct a full two day workshop in your region to help you to get this program commenced, requests will be considered wherever they can be accommodated. Please make contact with us at Baptist Care (email@example.com, phone 618 8273 7100 or mobile 0409 921 337).
Antonia van Loon RN PhD
Vicky Legge RN, Grad Cert Nsg (CH & Dev), Cert IV TAE, Cert IV Min & TheolShare This