Activities at Mylor Adventure Camp
Mylor Adventure Camp has a range of activities that can be structured to suit the needs of your group. The adventure activities (listed below) require Mylor Adventure Camp staff to instruct but majority of the facilities and some activities are available to your group all year round.
The adventure activities are facilitated by Mylor Adventure Camp qualified instructors and designed for fun, team building and to encourage you to step out of your comfort zone in a safe and supportive environment.
- Flying fox: A safe and fun way to challenge your fears of heights as you fly down our 200m long flying fox
- Giant swing: A great opportunity to challenge yourself and choose how high you swing.
- Low ropes: Heights not for you? The low ropes course will have you working in teams to challenge your balance, focus and trust.
- Canoeing: Learn the basics of canoeing and then perfect your strokes as you paddle down the beautiful Onkaparinga River. The games are a great way to challenge your newly learnt skills!
- Frisbee Golf: You will learn techniques to throw the Frisbee and then you will have the opportunity to test out your skills across the 9 hole Frisbee Golf course.
- Orienteering: The introduction to orienteering will have you running through our natural bush block searching for the next clue.
- Challenge course: The commando style course is designed to challenge your comfort zone and team work as you get wet and muddy through a series of obstacles.
- Mountain biking: The track will take you around the campsite, along the river and up challenge hill.
- Bouldering wall: Bouldering is like rock climbing, but instead of climbing up the wall, you climb around. The bouldering wall will test your strength and endurance but you are never far from the ground.
- Initiative pursuits course: The team building activity requires the whole group to work together to complete a range of challenges.
- Bridge building: You will work together to build a bridge to get your group out onto the platform in the river, using only the materials supplied. The activity is great for team building.
- Raft making: Taking place in the indoor heated swimming pool, your team work skills are put to the test as you build rafts and then race them across the pool.
The high ropes are guaranteed to get your heart pumping as you challenge your limits, eight metres above the ground. Great for high school groups, corporate team building or group day activity. The challenge by choice model that underpins our high ropes program ensures that everyone can set goals, challenge themselves and achieve positive outcomes.
*Please note: The high ropes requires specific qualified instructors, site hire and an age limit applies – please contact us for a quote.
Activities available all year round to your group
The following activities/facilities are available to your group all year round at no extra charge. These activities will be under the supervision of your group leader.
- Indoor heated swimming pool (conditions apply)
- Table tennis, fuse ball, eight ball, indoor activities
- Basketball, Tennis
- Chapel (hall) and dining room can both seat 100 people and are fitted with full audio visual systems and screens
- Campfire (additional cost)