"Awaken and Live"
Programs for young people to reduce harm associated with substance abuse
What is Tumbelin?
A Ngarrindjeri word meaning ‘Awaken and Live’.
Tumbelin offers a range of fun and engaging programs for young people which focus on increasing their:
- Self awareness
- Ability to participate in healthy relationships (with themselves and others)
- Hope and skills for the future
This reduces harm associated with alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
Tumbelin focuses on relationships and changing behaviours through:
- Group Based Experiential Learning
- Restorative Practice
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centred Approach
- Reflective Practice
Eligibility and Conditions
- Young people aged 13-18
- Typical engagement is over 2 terms (6 months)
- Follow up at 3 months after exit
- Participants in Youth Intensive Programs have know alcohol and/or drug use
- Resides in the Murray, Mallee, Fleurieu and Adelaide Hills, Limestone Coast and Port lincoln
Tumbelin program offerings include; Case Management, Coaching (families and youth), School Based Workshops, Group Work and Adventure Therapy Programs.